Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 9: China Is the Best Place for Big and Tall Spandex

We started the day with a boat trip on the river. The smog we saw in Beijing was back and I took pictures that were similar to the photos I took on the first night in Shanghai in the Bund Area. The difference between night and day was drastic.

            After, eating soup dumplings for lunch, we wandered around old Shanghai and bought some things from the local shops. People call it old Shanghai because of the more traditional architecture and way of live. It has a different feel from modern Shanghai, where all the famous shopping outlets are.

We were allowed to split off and do our own thing afterwards. I decided to use the Shanghai Subway to get to the New World City area in order to do some shopping. The view at night, just like The Bund, was amazing. However, after getting some gifts from M&M’s world, the actual shopping was a mixed bag. The Chinese are not very big in terms of stature, so they size their clothes differently. I did not know this at first, but I learned. I tried on a XX-large hoodie that I liked and it fit like a regular large. I was so disappointed and I kept on experiencing this for the rest of the night. The inconvenience with the clothes sizes was another example of how a company needs to adjust its product to its consumer if it wants to go international. It was a shame too, because the clothes were awesome and I loved the style that modern, more westernized Chinese culture has.



            The last activity of the trip for me was a go-kart track, but with a bar. I have never seen anything like it in America. People literally could get a drink from the bar and then drive high speed go-karts. I do not drink personally, but I was still able to have a great time. After sleeping in until around 10-ish am the next day, we flew back to Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment